North Carolina School for the Deaf

North Carolina School for the Deaf
Morganton, NC

The North Carolina School for the Deaf was established in 1894 as a day/residential facility for the education of children who are deaf and hard of hearing.

North Carolina School for the Deaf

The North Carolina School for the Deaf was established in 1894 as a day/residential facility for the education of children who are deaf and hard of hearing. It is located on a beautiful and historic 160 acre campus in Morganton. The historic main building was designed by A. G. Bauer, an architect from Raleigh. Construction was started in 1892, and was completed in time for the opening of school in 1894.

Visit North Carolina School for the Deaf's Website